ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
V - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

VAAD HOEIR
See UNITED ORTHODOX JEWISH COMMUNITY OF ST. LOUIS

VALLEY CHAPEL CHURCH OF GOD MISSION pre 1960
4802 N. Broadway [1960]

VALLEY QUEEN (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1935
1700 Gratiot in 1935. 3401 Lucas Ave. by 1955. 2801 Sheridan Ave. by 1965. [1965]

VANDEVENTER MISSION pre 1955
2816 N. Vandeventer Ave. [1955]

VANGUARD GOSPEL MISSION pre 1910
2927 Chouteau Ave., Rev. Charles W. Sherman [1910]

VEDANTA SOCIETY OF ST. LOUIS [Hindu] pre 1955
205 S. Skinker Blvd [2003]

VICTOR SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1935
3125 Lawton Blvd. [1935]

VICTOR STREET (Presbyterian) MISSION [Methodist Episcopal, South] pre 1895
315 Victor (at 3rd), Rev. S. A. Day, pastor [1960]

VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1965
2223 St. Louis. Currently at 1442 Hudson Rd. (County?) [2003]

VICTORY CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Christian Spiritualist] pre1930
3014 Pine [1930]

VICTORY TABERNACLE pre 1955
1403 N. Market in 1955. 1908 Chippewa by 1965. [1970]

VICTORY TEMPLE pre1970
3732 Wyoming St. [1970]

VISITATION (-St. Ann’s Shrine) CHURCH [Catholic] 1881
Organized by Rev. Edward Fenlon, who was commisioned by Archbishop Kenrick to found the parish in 1882. Rev. Edward Fenlon, first pastor of Our Lady of the Visitation Church, He was succeeded by Rev. Edward Dempsey in 1907. The first church was at Taylor Ave. and St. Charles Plank Rd. (Easton Ave.) In 1889 the present church was built at 4515 Evans (at Taylor) from a design by Barnett, Hayes & Barnett. On Sept. 23, 1992 ST. ANN closed and merged with VISITATION forming VISITATION ST. ANN’S SHRINE. (aka OUR LADY OF THE VISITATION) 1043 N. Taylor in 1930. 4515 Evans Ave. [1992]

VOICE FROM CANAAN MISSION pre 1915
2629 Franklin Ave. [1915]

VOICE SPIRITUAL CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1946
3725 Cass Ave. [1946]

VOLUNTEER GOSPEL MISSION pre 1935
1738 S. Wharf St. [1935]

VOLUNTEER RESCUE ARMY pre 1925
812 N 15th, Rev. Edward J. Griffith [1925]

VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICAN pre 1910
Post 1. 1529 Franklin in 1910, 3069 Easton Ave. [1915]


Back to Name Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS