ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
U Streets - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

 

UNION BLVD. | UNION ROAD | UNIVERSITY STREET | UPTON STREET | UTAH STREET

 

UNION BLVD.

(se cor Spalding) UNION AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN [1915]
245 WEST END DIVINE SCIENCE CHURCH [1935-55]
733 N. UNION AVENUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1904-2003]
800 CHURCH OF THE MESSIAH [1907-16]
800 N. AGUNDAS HAKHILOS CONGREGATION [1938]
800 FIRST BIBLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1946-54]
810 PARRISH CHAPEL OF THE COLORED METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [?]
826 PILGRIM CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH [1904-2003]
826 CENTRAL CHURCH [Seventh Da Adventist] (using Pilgrim Church) [1954-57]
1211 ABYSSINIAN MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1965]
1215 ST. LOUIS GOSPEL TABERNACLE [1896-1930]
1217 BETHESDA TEMPLE OF APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH [1960]
1234 CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLE [1890-1952]
1234 SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST BEREAN CHURCH [1960-70]
1244 ST. PHILIP THE APOSTLE EPISCOPAL CHURCH (aka Church of the Holy Apostle) [1895-1930]
1244 BEREAN SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH [1931?-2003]
1373 COMMUNITY TEMPLE MISSION [1955-65]
1440 MT. CALVARY (English) EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN [after 1915-70]
1444 NEW WHITE STONE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [after 1965-2003]
1478 NEW LIGHT BAPTIST CHURCH [1960-70]
1478 NEW LIGHT (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [after 1970-2003]
1487 HOLY SUNRISE SPIRITUAL CHURCH [1965-70]
1500 WILLIAMS TEMPLE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [1989-2003]
1510 SHELAH TEMPLE [1965]
1619 ST. MARY’S HOLY TEMPLE [1965]
1914 GOOD HOPE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-85?]
2415 FUNDAMENTAL NON-DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH [1970]
2424-26 THIRD UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (aka Wagoner Place United Presbyterian Church) [1912-2003]
2801 ARLINGTON (United) METHODIST CHURCH [1929]
2801 CLAYTON BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-2003]
3408 MT. NEBO (Missionary Baptist) CHURCH [1970]
5400 ST. MATTHEW’S (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [1970-?]

Back to the top


UNION ROAD

(at 2nd, in Carondelet) CARONDELET A.M.E.CHURCH [1880-84]
(at Pennsylvania) KINGSHIGHWAY (United) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH (after 1877-99]

Back to the top


UNIVERSITY STREET

(at 20th) SACRED HEART [1871-29]
(nr 21st) UNIVERSITY ST. COLORED CHURCH [1875]
2549 BIBLE WAY CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE [1970]
2840 SACRED HEART [1930-86]

Back to the top


UPTON STREET

(at Pennsylvania) KINGSHIGHWAY (United) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH (after 1877-99]
(at Pennsylvania) CARONDELET CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1897-1900]

Back to the top


UTAH STREET

(ne cor Oregon Ave.) REDEEMER EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH [1920-25]
(ne cor Texas) WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1912-46]
2621 CURBY MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1898-2003]
2817 OUR REDEEMER EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH [1908-2003]

Back to the top



Back to Street Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS