ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
T - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

TABERNACLE, The pre 1900
2811 Manchester Ave., Rev. Jackson Adams, pastor. 2726 Pine, Rev. Samuel A. Moseley in 1915 [1915]

TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH (Colored) [Baptist] 1901
Organized Sept. 29, 1902. Rev. H.H. White, pastor. 12TH & Barton 1901, Washington Ave. (se cor Ewing) in 1910. 3200 Wash in 1929, Rev. S. A. Moseley, pastor 2401 S. 12th St. by 1920, 1210 Barton by 1952. 2401 S. 12th by 1965. 2724 Pine after 1970. [1986]
See also WASHINGTON TABERNACLE BAPTIST

TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1935
2401 S. 12th St. [1955] 525 N. Compton Ave. [1935]
1210 Barton [1940] 810 N. Garrison [1935]

TABERNACLE CHURCH pre 1880
1322 Market, Rev. George West, pastor [1880]

TABERNACLE CHURCH OF CHRIST [Church of Christ] pre 1965
3127 Easton Ave. [1970]

TABERNACLE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1970
4128 W. Carter Ave. [1970]

TABERNACLE MISSION [Baptist] pre 1890
212 S. 4th St. [1890]

TABERNACLE MISSION [Presbyterian] pre 1885
Broadway & Biddle [1885]

TABERNACLE OF DAVID pre1965
5001 Washington [1960]

TABERNACLE OF GOD (Spiritualist) CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1952
2701 Washington [1960]

TALMUD & TORAH SYNAGOGUE [Jewish] pre 1940
5747 Lotus Ave. [1940]

TAYLOR AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1891
1260 North Euclid Ave. [1902]

TAYLOR AVENUE MISSION [Baptist] pre 1890
1420 Taylor Ave. (nr Easton Ave.) Rev. J. A. M. Crouch, pastor [1890]

TAYLOR CHAPEL (Colored) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [C.M.E.] pre 1940
3330 Hickory St. in 1940. 3305 Hickory St. in 1947. 3220 Hickory by 1946 [1955]

TEMPLE ASSEMBLY OF GOD [Assembly of God] pre 1960
4368 Lee [1960]

TEMPLE B’NAI EL
See B’NAI EL TEMPLE

TEMPLE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1921
Organized May 6, 1921, 2917 Kossuth Ave., Rev. W. A. Pegg in 1925. 3950 Carter, Rev. D. F. Mc Cormick, pastor, 1929. 3008 Kossuth by 1940 [1970]

TEMPLE CHURCH OF CHRIST [Pentecostal] (African-American) pre 1925
4200 Finney Ave in 1925. 3103a Bell, Rev. Austin Layne, pastor, 1929. 4146 Washington by 1948. Aka FINNEY TEMPLE CHURCH OF CHRIST. [2003]

TEMPLE CORPS.
See SALVATION ARMY

TEMPLE HOLY CHURCH pre 1940
1616 Wash [1940]

TEMPLE ISRAEL [Jewish Reformed] 1886
Temple Israel was founded by a group of liberal dissedents from Shaare Emeth, St. Louis' first Reformed Jewish Congregation on Oct. 10, 1886. Rabbi Solomon H. Sonneschein (1886 - 1890) left Shaare Emeth to become Temple Israel's leader. First worship was held at Memorial Hall at 19th and Locust and later at the old Pickwick Theater at Jefferson and Washington. A stone temple, designed by Grable & Weber, was completed in 1888 at the northeast corner of Leffingwell (28th) (at Pine). Here Rabbit Sonneshein gave Sunday morning lectures, departing from the ancient Hebraic tradition of Friday evening and Saturday morning services. Rabbi Leon Harrison led the congregation from 1891 - 1928. This temple, later occupied by an African-American congregation, was razed in the Mill Creek demolition. Congregation moved to Kingshighway and (5001) Washington in 1908. Designated a City Landmark in January 1972. In 1962 the congregation settled into their new building at Ladue and Spoede. Address: 13788 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO. Now home to Angelic Temple of Deliverance. [1962]

TEMPLE OF GOD (Missionary Baptist Church) [Missionary Baptist] pre 1960
2801 Sheridan in 1960. 1820 N. Grand [2003]

TEMPLE OF LIGHT CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1921
Debrecht Hall, corner of Lynch and Mc Nair, pastor: Mrs. Detloff-Woodring. [1921]

TEMPLE OF SPIRITUALISM [Spiritualist] pre 1905
3015 Pine, Rev. Thomas Grimshaw, pastor. 4151 Delmar Blvd., Rev. Thomas Grimshaw, pastor in 1910 [1910]

TEMPLE OF THE GATES OF TRUTH [Evangelical?, Jewish German] 1870?
Pine & 17th St., Rev. Dr. S. H. Sonneschein, pastor [1870]
See SHAARE EMETH TEMPLE

TEMPLE OF TRUTH (Memorial) [Spiritualist] pre 1921
At the Odeon Theatre, Kingshighway (ne cor Washington), Rev. Elizabeth E. Gasaway by 1925. 928 Bayard Ave. by 1935. [1940]

TENTH AND RUTGER PRESBYTERIAN MISSION
See TENTH STREET PRESBYTERIAN MISSION

TENTH SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Organized Spiritualist] 1920
1515 S. 7th, Mrs. Alice Marcus, assoc. minister in 1920. 4906 Natural Bridge, Mrs. Connors, minister in 1925. 4279 Sacramento Ave. by 1930. [1952]

TENTH STREET PRESBYTERIAN MISSION [Presbyterian] 1871
1000 Rutger (at 10th), Rev. John M. Dunlavy, pastor, 1929. (aka TENTH AND RUTGER PRESBYTERIAN MISSION) [1946]

TERRY AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1910
5552 Terry Ave. [1920]

THEKLA BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1928
Robin & Harney, Rev. R. I. Connelly, pastor 1929

THEOMONISTIC CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1921
4589 Easton Pastor: Mrs. Gressinger

THERESA MISSION pre 1925
3331 S 7th, Miss Lydia Rollfing, supt. [1925]

THESALONIAN CHURCH OF GOD [Church of God] pre 1965
2602 Chouteau Ave. [1965]

THESSALONIAN HOLY BODY OF CHRIST (Pentecostal) CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1940
116 S. Beaumont (basement) [1952] 3419 Lucas Ave. [1940-1946] 1805 Wagoner Pl [1952-1970]

THESSALONIAN (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Berean Missionary Baptist] (African-American) 1900
Montrose Ave. (ne cor Scott Ave.) in 1915. 2758 Carl Ave., Rev. Gentle S. Allen in 1925. 3112 Sheriden, Rev. G. S. Allen, pastor, 1929. 2811 Dickson by 1946. 3105 Cass by 1952. [2003]

THIPHERETH ISRAEL CONGREGATION [Jewish] (Orthodox) pre 1920
931 N. 9th [1920]

THIRD BAPTIST CHAPEL [Baptist] pre 1915
3124 Laclede Ave. [1915]

THIRD BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1850
At Grand and Washington, originated as an offshoot of Second Baptist Church in Sept. 1850 by Rev. Dr. Jeter. Rev. Joseph Walker was pastor in 1851-1853. First services in a storefront located at Market and 13th, they erected a church at 14th and Clark, Dec. 31, 1854, followed by one in 1866 and the current structure, 620 N. Grand Blvd. was completed in 1885. [2003]

THIRD BAPTIST CHURCH (Colored) [Baptist] (African-American) 1870?
10th & Chambers, Rev. W. P. Brooks, pastor, Clark Ave (nr 14th) by 1890. [1890]

THIRD CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST [Christian Science] 1910
Flad & Spring (B’Nai El Temple), First Reader, Frank E. Stevens. 3524 Russell Blvd. [1970]

THIRD CHURCH OF THE NEW JERUSALEM [Swedenborgian] pre 1905
2128 St. Louis Ave. (sw cor Rauschenbach Ave.) Rev. Charles L. Carriere, pastor. Aka THIRD GERMAN CHURCH [1925]

THIRD CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH [Congregational] 1888
1220 North Grand Blvd. (near Page) Located at 4950 Fountain Ave., Built during 1896-1904, designed by architects Grable, Weber, & Groves. Merged with AUBERT PLACE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH to become FOUNTAIN PARK CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH [1904]

THIRD FREE METHODIST CHURCH [Methodist] pre 1940
1330 Geyer Ave. [1940]

THIRD FREE WILL BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1952
See FREE WILL BAPTIST

THIRD GERMAN CHURCH [Swedenborgian] pre 1900
St. Louis Ave. (sw cor Rauschenbach Ave., Rev. Charles L. Carriere, pastor. Aka THIRD CHURCH OF THE NEW JERUSALEM [1900]

THIRD GERMAN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [Methodist Episcopal] 1859
Soulard St. at Fulton St. Rev. John M. Winkler, pastor 1866. [1866]

THIRD SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Organized Spiritualist] pre 1920
4555 Adkins Ave., Rev. Henriette Vierling, pastor in 1920. 3471 S. Grand Blvd by 1940 [1940]

THIRD STREET MARKHAM MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
See MARKHAM MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

THIRD STREET PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] pre 1920
1506 S. 3rd, H. S. S. Gill, pastor [1925]

THIRD UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1916
Began as a Sunday school established by First United Presbyterian Church, at Kisker Hall (Newstead and North Market) in Jan. 1891. Organized formally on May 12, 1893 and Rev. A. C. Douglas was made their first pastor. A congregation was soon organized and a church site was acquired at the SW corner of Wagoner Place (at North Market). Services were held at Marcus Hall at Easton and Marcus until 1893 when the new church was completed and named WAGONER PLACE UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. The present site of 2424-26 Union and Highland (Spalding?) was acquired in 1912, Third United name was adopted in April 1916 when the building was dedicated. Located at 2426 Union Blvd. (at Highland Ave.) , in the Arlington/Walnut Park/Grand-Prairie area [2003]

THIRTEENTH SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Organized Spiritualist] pre 1920
4137 Camellia, Mrs. Mary Droege, assoc. minister [1920]

TIMELY (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1960
3905 Enright in 1960. 2602 Goodfellow Blvd. In 1965. 2923 Dickson St. by 1970. [1970]

TIMOTHY (Evangelical) LUTHERAN CHURCH [Evangelical Lutheran] 1927
Organized Nov. 1927. 6704 Fyler (at 3315 Ivanhoe) Rev. Paul H. F. List, pastor, 1929 [2003]

TIMOTHY’S MISSION
See CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLES

TIPHERETH AZRILL CONGREGATION [Jewish] pre 1940
4200 Blaine [1940]

TOWER GROVE ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [Assembly of God] pre 1952
1400 Tower Grove in 1952. 1441 S. Vandeventer by 1955. 4201 Race Course Ave. ny 1960. 4370 Vista Ave. by 1965. [1970]

TOWER GROVE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1891
Suggested by Rev. John McCourtney at a prayer meeting held in the home of Mrs. Mary Wells (Manchester near Newstead). Organized on Sept. 30, 1891, their first services were held in 3 rooms of a tenement house (Newstead north of Norfolk), first pastor Rev. F. T. Shore. Cornerstone of first church was laid 1895 at 4318 Norfolk Avenue. Pastor Rev. F. A. Lowry took over in 1923. Church's present location at 4257 Magnolia (at Tower Grove) took place in 1949. [2003]

TOWER GROVE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [Christian] pre 1925
2801 Kingshighway Blvd., Rev. F. A. Heilman [1925]

TOWER GROVE METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [Methodist Episcopal] 1879
Organized in 1879 in a former Presbyterian church at 1117 Kentucky Ave. (near Manchester). Later location: 1040 S. Taylor Ave. Became WAGONER MEMORIAL METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH. [1900]

TPHERIS ISRAEL [Jewish] (Orthodox) 1900
9th (sw cor Wash) by 1905. Delmar & Grand area. Merged with CHEVRAH KADISHA ADAS B’NAI YISRAEL congregation in Dec. 1959 to become TPHERIS ISRAEL-CHEVRAH KADISHA congregation, and established new home at 6912 Delmar Blvd, University City. [1959]

TPHERIS ISRAEL-CHEVRAH KADISHA
See TPHERIS ISRAEL

TRACHTMAN’S (Rabbi) CONGREGATION [Jewish] pre 1952
1428 Blackstone Ave. [1952]

TRANSFIGURATION LUTHERAN CHURCH [Lutheran] pre 1946
Dedicated July 21, 1946 1807 Biddle (at 18th) as an interracial church, pastor William J. Seebeck. Formerly known as GRACE MISSION. [2003]

TRAVELER’S REST BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1955
4217 N. Market (aka TRAVELER’S REST COMMUNITY CENTER) [1955]

TREE OF LIFE pre 1970
2106 N. 14th St. [1970]

TREE OF LIFE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1955
1931 Delmar Blvd. In 1955. 1701 N. Garrison Ave. by 1960. 2426 Jefferson Ave. by 1965. [1965]

TRI-STONE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1952
1107 Biddle in 1952. 1711 Franklin Ave. by 1955. 811 Academy Ave. by 1960. 4429 Easton Ave. by 1960? [1970]

TRINITY BAPTIST [Baptist] (African-American) pre 1910
723 N. 23rd, Rev. George Johnson [1910]

TRINITY BAPTIST [Baptist] pre 1970
2200 Madison [1970]

TRINITY CHURCH [Evangelical] 1894
3124 Mt. Pleasant St. [1894]

TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH
See TRINITY (Protestant) EPISCOPAL CHURCH

TRINITY EVANGELICAL CHURCH [Evangelical] (German) 1893
Organized Nov. 16, 1893 by Rev. H. W. Booch at Neosho St. & Michigan Ave. in 1893 in a district then known as ‘Mount Pleasant.’ Originally known as the GERMAN EVANGELICAL TRINITY CHURCH OF ST. LOUIS. First services were conducted in the home of William Hoffman (2905 Neosho St.). First permanent home on 3124 Neosho (se cor Michigan Ave.) by 1895. In 1922 the present site 4700 S. Grand (at Itaska) was purchased and the church erected and dedicated Apr. 26, 1931. Rev. H. T. Bahnsen, pastor, 1929. Continued as TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST. [1964]

TRINITY EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH [Evangelical Lutheran] pre 1952
3315 Ivanhoe Ave. [1952]

 TRINITY (German) EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH [Evangelical Lutheran German] 1839
Bishop Martin Stephan and 700 Saxon Lutherans arrived via steamboats on Feb. 19, 1839. Soon after Stephan was expelled, and Rev. Otto Hermann Walther was named pastor of the congregation of 120 that worshiped in Christ Episcopal Church and which later became Trinity Church. The first German Lutheran church in St. Louis, Rev. Otto Walther was succeeded upon his death by his brother, Ferdinand Wilhelm Walther, who for the next 48 years was the dominant figure in the Lutheran movement. In 1842 they built a chapel on Lombard between 3rd & 4th, dedicated Dec. 2, 1842. They relocated at 1801 S. 8th (Fulton) and Lafayette (812 Soulard) in 1865. The tornado of May 27, 1896 destroyed the church built in 1865, and reconstruction began immediately, although the new church is smaller then the original. Dedicated in 1886. Also known as TRINITY LUTHERAN; HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN and OLD TRINITY. Trinity is the mother church of all St. Louis Missouri Synod Lutheran churches. 812 Soulard [2003]

TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
See TRINITY GERMAN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH

TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH [Methodist] pre 1964
2500 Hodiamont [1970]

TRINITY METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [Methodist Episcopal] 1857
Founded on New Year’s Eve 1855 by a group of twelve families led by Rev. Nathan Skumate. Merged with HEDDING CHAPEL to become MOUND CHAPEL (2nd & Mound), with first meetings held in the ‘Mound Engine Hall’ First home, known as SIMPSON M. E. CHAPEL, was built at 10th and North Market on Dec. 31, 1857 on a site donated by Thomas M. Boyle. It was the only Methodist church not disorganized during the Civil War. In 1870 a church was built on the same site and called TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH, 10th (sw corn N. Market) by 1915. This congregation moved to an old German church at 1227 Tyler (at 13th) in 1916, 7728 East Railroad Ave. by 1946.Merged with the Concord Methodist Church in south St. Louis County in 1956. [1956]

TRINITY MISSION [Pentecostal] 1915
3156 Easton Ave. in 1915. 2106 N. 14th St. [1952]

TRINITY MT. CARMEL (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Berean Missionary Baptist] (African-American) pre 1929
22nd & Wash, Rev. L. C. Coleman, pastor, 1929. 2234 Carr by 1935. 1819 N. Prairie Ave. in 1953 [2003]

TRINITY PENTECOSTAL CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1965
1901 Hebert [1965]

TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] pre 1905
Franklin Ave. (nw cor Channing). 1212 Academy by 1915. 6800 Washington (at Kingsland) (U. City?) built in 1922 [2003]

TRINITY (Protestant) EPISCOPAL CHURCH [Anglo-Catholic Episcopal] 1855
Started as a mission of St. George Church (9th & Locust) in Feb. 1855. This church was founded by Rev. C. F. Robertson and Rev. E. Coan as a breakoff from St. George’s. Rev. E. Carter Hutchinson, their first rector, occupied the church in 1861, located on the NW corner of 11th and Washington. Destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1865. Moved to Channing and Franklin about 1883. In 1886 a mission chapel was erected in the ‘Stoddard Addition’, four years later this became the CHURCH OF THE HOLY COMMUNION. Remained there until purchasing a church building at 4005 Washington (at Euclid) by 1929, the former home of the Church of the Redeemer. On of three Anglo-Catholic (high-church) Episcopal churches in St. Louis, it stands for the Catholic tradition in the Church of England and the so-called Protestant Episcopal Church. There practices are not followed by other Episcopal churches in St. Louis. 600 N. Euclid in 1946. [1986]

TRINITY REDEEMER TEMPLE [Methodist] pre 1940
4201 W. Maffit Ave. [1940]

TRINITY REDEEMING TEMPLE [Spiritualist] pre 1940
2801 Lambdin Ave. in 1940. 4201 W. Maffitt Ave. by 1946. [1970]

TRINITY TABERNACLE [Assembly of God] 1919
Organized Apr. 29, 1919. Page & Marcus, Rev. J. Henry Capps, pastor in 1925. Rev. Fred Lohmann, pastor, 1929. [1929]

TRINITY TABERNACLE [Pentecostal] pre 1952
2125 S. 7th St. [1952]

TRINITY TABERNACLE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH pre 1935
4669 Page Blvd [1940]

TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST [United Church of Christ] 1898
SE corner of 4700 South Grand (at Itaska), was originally located at Michigan and Neosho. Moved to it's present building in 1931. Continues TRINITY EVANGELICAL (& Reformed)CHURCH [2003]

TRIUMPH CHURCH [Holiness] (African-American) pre 1925
3928 Fairfax Ave. in 1925. 2024 Division by 1929. 4901 Cote Brilliante Ave. by 1960. [1965]

TRIUMPH CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1952
2024 Division in 1952. 2728 Chouteau Ave. by 1960 [1965]

TRIUMPH CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST, No.2 [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1952
3029 Caroline [1952]

TRIUMPH (Pentecostal) CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1952
3029 Caroline in 1952. 1737 N. Euclid Ave. by 1960. [1960]

TRIUMPH THE KINGDOM & CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1965
1737 N. Euclid Ave. in 1965. 2836 Chouteau by 1970. [1970]

TRUE CHURCH pre 1965
5551 Labadie Ave. [1965]

TRUE GOSPEL CHURCH OF CHRIST [Church of Christ] pre 1965
1820 N. 20th St. [1965]

TRUE GOSPEL (Missionary Baptist) CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1935
826 Biddle in 1935. 2111 Biddle by 1946 [1946]

TRUE GOSPEL PENTECOSTAL CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1946
5539 Easton Ave. [1946]

TRUE GOSPEL TABERNACLE pre 1965
1209 S. 18th [1965]

TRUE GRACE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1960
1723 Glasgow Ave. [1960]

TRUE LIFE UNITED PENTECOSTAL [Pentecostal] pre 1937
Formerly home of Zion German Evangelical Lutheran Church, followed by Greeley Memorial Presbyterian and then by Zion Church of the Nazarene. Since 1937, the church has been home to a series of Pentecostal congregations. 1426 Warren St. at Blair Ave. [1937]

TRUE-LIGHT BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] (African-American) 1906
14th & Poplar, Rev. Robert James in 1915. 111-13 S.16th , Rev. Riley Clapton in 1925. 201 S. 16th, Rev. R. C. Clopton, pastor, 1929. Current address: 2838 James "Cool Papa" Bell Ave. (Dickson) by 1929. 201 S. 16th St. by 1935. 1240 Glasgow in 1946. 2838 Dickson by 1952. [1970]

TRUE LIGHT CHURCH OF GOD [Church of God] pre 1970
1357 Arlington Ave. [1970]

TRUE LIGHT CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1965
4460 St. Louis Ave. [1965]

TRUE LIGHT SPIRITUAL TEMPLE [Spiritualist] pre 1960
3321 Delmar Blvd (basement) in 1960. 4644 Easton Ave. [1965]

TRUE LOVE DIVINE CHURCH pre 1930
2702 Baldwin [1930]

TRUE LOVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1965
2615 N. Jefferson Ave. in 1965. 3906 Penrose St. by 1970. [1970]

TRUE SPIRITUAL CHURCH OF CHRIST [Church of Christ] pre 1952
2100 Carr [1955]

TRUE SPIRITUAL CHURCH OF GOD [Church of God] pre 1960
2717 Cass Ave. in 1960. 4215 W. Easton Ave. in 1965. 4532 Easton Av. By 1970. [1970]

TRUE VINE APOSTOLIC CHURCH [Apostolic] pre 1965
721 N. Vandeventer Ave. [1970]

TRUE VINE BAPTIST CHURCH [Union Missionary Baptist] pre 1929
1719 Morgan in 1920. 803 S. 17th in 1925. 2320 Wash, Rev. E. Martin, pastor, 1925. 2141 Delmar Blvd by 1946. 3422 Delmar Blvd by 1960. 1120 N. Taylor Ave. by 1965. [1965]

TRUE VINE (Divine) SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1935
3838 Finney Ave. in 1935. 3911 West Belle l by 1952 [1960]

TRUE VINE (Divine) SPIRITUALIST CHURCH, No.2 [Spiritualist] pre 1946
1823 Biddle in 1946, 2134 Biddle by 1952. [1952]

TRUE VINE MISSIONARY BAPIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1946
711 N. Leonard by 1946. 2725 T__ by 1952. 2801 Burd Ave. by 1965. [1970]
also 5637 Easton Ave. [1965] 4279 Sacramento Ave. [1960]
1024 Mississippi Ave. [1970] 715 N. Vandeventer [1970]

TRUE VINE SPIRITUAL CHURCH [Spiritualist] (African-American) pre 1930
1027 O’Fallon by 1930. 1009 O’Fallon by 1940. 3911 West Belle Pl. by 1955 [1970]

TRUE WAY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1940
2038 O’Fallon [1940]

TRUTH AND LIGHT SPIRITUAL CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1952
3103 N. 19th St. [1955]

TRUTH CENTER CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1940
4028-30 Lindell Blvd. In 1940. 4026 Lindell by 1952. See also ST. LOUIS TRUTH CENTER. [1952]

TRUTH MISSION pre 1915
1005 Market [1915]

TWELFTH SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Organized Spiritualist] pre 1920
533 W. Marceau, Miss Elizabeth Ecker, assoc. minister [1925]

TWENTIETH STREET MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1946
1309 N. 20th St. [1946]

TWENTY-THIRD STREET MISSION
See COMPTON HILL CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

TWILIGHT CHURCH OF TRUTH [Spiritualist] pre 1930
2215 S. 10th [1930]

TWILIGHT MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1955
313 N. Garrison Ave. [1955]

TYBERIS ISRAEL [Jewish] pre 1910
913 N. 9th, Rev. M. Shapiro, rabbi. [1915]

TYLER BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1960
1504 S. Compton in 1960. 3306 Park Ave. by 1970. [1970]

TYLER MISSION [Methodist Episcopal]
14th & Poplar.
See CHRISTIAN M.E. CHURCH

TYLER PLACE METHODIST CHURCH [Methodist Episcopal] 1896-1905
Tyler Place Methodist Church was the forerunner of the SHAW AVENUE M. E. CHURCH, SOUTH (name adopted pre 1906) and was established as a mission, by members of the St. Louis Epworth League Union. They purchased a building at 1604 Tower Grove and McRee, in the Shaw neighborhood, Rev. E. W. Webdell, pastor. [1905]

TYLER PLACE (United) PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1896
Organized Apr. 19, 1896 from a Sunday school by the Home Missionary Commission of St. Louis Presbytery at Grand Ave. near Lafayette. Located at 3809 Flad Ave., Rev. Dean R. Leland, pastor, 1900. Tyler Place Church's first service at present site of 2109 S. Spring (at 3800 Russell) (Shaw neighborhood) was held June 9, 1901 on and previous owned by Mary L. Tyler which had been divided into a new subdivision. Dr. John B. Brandt was the first pastor. Rev. J. L. Roemer was pastor in 1912. In 1946 the Lafayette Park Presbyterian Church merged with the Tyler Place Church. [2003]

TYLER REDEEMER SPIRITUAL MISSION [Spiritualist] pre 1970
3957 Delmar Blvd. [1970]

TYLER REDEEMING CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [Christian Spiritualist] pre 1946
3725 Cass [1952] 3403 Delmar Blvd. (No.1) [1946-1960]
3215 Delmar Blvd. (No.4) [1952-1955] 5161 Delmar Blvd. [1965-2003]
See also REDEEMING SPIRITUALIST CHURCH


Back to Name Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS