ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
Q - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

QUAKERS
See SOCIETY OF FRIENDS

QUINN CHAPEL A.M.E. [African Methodist Episcopal] (African-American) c1882
227 Bowen St. (at Minnesota Ave.) Founded June 24, 1882 in a building designed to be Carondelet Public Market. Entrance tower added in 1900. Named in honor of William Paul Quinn, first black Methodist Bishop. 325 W. Bowen, Rev. James A. Chandley, pastor in 1910. 2225 W. Bowen in 1920.Located at 6118 Minnesota by 1925 (& 227 Bowen) after 1930. (aka CARONDELET A.M.E. CHURCH) National Historic Register Oct. 16, 1974.


Back to Name Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS