ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
P - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

PACIFIC PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
See PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF PACIFIC CITY

PAGE AVENUE METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH SOUTH [Methodist Episcopal] 1877-1883
Page Avenue M. E. Church South occupied a chapel on Page near Grand from 1877 until 1883. In Grand-Prairie area. [1883]

PAGE AVENUE SUNDAY SCHOOL [Methodist Episcopal, South] pre 1880
See PAGE AVENUE METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH SOUTH

PARADISE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1935
923 O’Fallon in 1935. 1010 O’Fallon in 1940. [1940]

PARADISE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST TEMPLE [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1970
2749 Chouteau Ave. [1970]

PARADISE MISSION pre 1930
1403 N. 8th [1930]

PARK AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] 1867-1888
Park Avenue Baptist Church purchased their church building at Park Avenue between 11th & 12th Sts, in 1867. Organized by members of the Second Baptist Church. Early pastors include Rev. J. M. C. Breaker, George Kline, M. L. Laws, and D. T. Morrill. Became LAFAYETTE PARK BAPTIST CHURCH in 1888. [1888]

PARK AVENUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [Christian, Disciples of Christ]
California & St. Vincent. Expanded and their name was changed to COMPTON HEIGHTS CHRISTIAN CHURCH

PARK AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1860s-1868
Park Avenue Presbyterian Church was organized as a colony of the Second Presbyterian Church in the early 1860's. It built a church at Twelfth Street and Park Avenue. In 1868, the church merged with the CHOUTEAU AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH at 11th Street and Chouteau Avenue. [1868]

PARKVIEW CHRISTIAN CHURCH [Disciples of Christ] 1922
Organized Jan. 22, 1922, 2801 Kingshighway, Rev. B. L. Morris, pastor, 1929. 4900 Reber [1930]

PARKWAY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
See ZION EVANGELICAL (& Reformed) CHURCH

PARRISH CHAPEL OF THE COLORED METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [Christian Methodist Episcopal] (African-American) 1920
810 Union Blvd.(at Enright) Organized in 1920 by Rev. Thomas H. Parrish, Parrish Chapel began as a south St. Louis mission known as CRISK CHAPEL. The group moved in 1920 into a former Congregational Church at 2407 N. Belle Glade Ave. 2407 Belle Glade Ave. by 1940. Bible Presbyterian, a white congregation, sold the property in 1953 to Parrish Chapel of the Colored Methodist Episcopal Church, later known as PARRISH TEMPLE. (aka PARRISH MEMORIAL A.M.E.) [2003]

PARRISH TEMPLE CHRISTIAN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH
See PARRISH CHAPEL OF THE COLORED METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH

PATTISON AVENUE (Negro) BAPTIST CHURCH [Berean Missionary Baptist] (African-American) 1897
Pattison Avenue Negro Baptist Church was located at 5321 Pattison, 5232 (5223) Pattison by 1920, now part of I-44, in the neighborhood of "The Hill". Rev. J. E. Tidwell, pastor, 1929 [1965]

PATTISON (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1970
537 Debaliviere [2003]

PATTISON HILL pre 1900
5319 Pattison Ave., Rev. Henry Gray, pastor [1900]

PAUL REVERE TEMPLE pre 1935
1061 Theobald [1935]

PAYNE A.M.E. MISSION [A.M.E.] pre 1900
1608 Morgan, Rev. D. W. Oakes, pastor [1900]

PEACE IN THE VALLEY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1960
2214 Franklin Ave. [1960]

PEACE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1960
5570 Ridge Ave. [1970]

PENTECOST CHURCH OF GOD [Church of God]pre 1965
3924 Cote Brilliante Ave. [1970]

PENTECOST MISSION pre 1915
1100 S. 4th [1930-35] 2952 Easton Ave, 2804 Laclede [1915]
1954 N. Broadway [1930] Rev. Emory B. Mc Cella [1920] 3023 Olive [1915]

PENTECOST MISSION HALL pre 1920
2820 Easton Ave., Rev. Addie Carriere. Continued as PENTECOSTAL MISSION. [1920]

PENTECOSTAL APOSTOLIC CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1940
1301 Park Ave. [1940]

PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLY [Pentecostal] pre 1930
1201A Armstrong Ave. in 1930. 4267 W. Easton ave. [1935]

PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLY CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1935
4378 St. Louis Ave. [1935]

PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1920
2623 Franklin [1920] 1821 O’Fallon [1965]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1935
1247 7th Blvd. [1946]
2618 S. Broadway [1940]
2718 S. Jefferson [1955-1960]
1410 S. 18th St. [1960-1970]
2844 S. Broadway [1955] 1428 Monroe [1955] See GUIDING LIGHT PENTECOSTAL CHURCH
617 N. Beaumont [1940]
2701 Caroline [1952-955]
2514a Blair Ave. [1940]
1424 Cass Ave. [1952]
1823Biddle [1940-1946]
1455 Dodier St. [1970]
2401 S. Broadway [1952]
3951 Easton Ave. [1946]
1020 Park Ave. [1952]
2428-30 S. Broadway [1940]
3610 Grandel Sq. [1960]
2747 Wash [1935]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF CHRIST [Church of Christ] 1921
Organized Mar 1921, 2605 N. 9th, Rev. C.W.M. Turner, pastor, 1929. [1935]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF GOD [Church of God] pre 1930
4001 N. 11th St. [1970] 4001 N. 25th St. [1960] 4167 Pleasant [1965]
3100 N. 19th [1955] 1186 Hodiamont Ave. [1960] 1210 Wright

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1965
1208 N. Sarah [1965-1970] 2949 Thomas [1965]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF GOD OF AMERICA pre 1965
4001 N. 11th St. [1965]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST pre 1970
2902 Clara Ave. [1970] 1210 Wright St. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH pre 1952
1810 N. 25th St. [1952]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF OUR LORD pre 1952
2401 N. Taylor Ave. [1955]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST pre 1952
4818 Delmar Blvd. In 1952. 3610 Grandel Sq. by 1965. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF ZION pre 1935
2018 Cass Ave [1935]

 PENTECOSTAL CHURCH WHITEWAY TABERNACLE pre 1952
1428 Warren [1952]

PENTECOSTAL COLLEGE CHURCH pre 1952
2300 Miami [1952]

PENTECOSTAL FULL GOSPEL CHURCH pre 1946
1800 N. 9th St. [1952] 1601 N. 17th St. [1952]
2625 N. 9th St. [1960] 2203 S. Broadway [1946]

PENTECOSTAL HOLINESS CHURCH [Holiness] pre 1965
4243 West Belle Pl. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL MISSION pre 1920
1400 S. 7th St. [1940] 4019 Easton [1925-1940]
1104 S. 14th [1920] 1414 N. Grand, Benj. H. Hite, pastor [1925]
2820 Easton [1925-1930] 4418 Manchester, Director: Mrs. V.A. Barnes, 1929 [1930]
3125 Easton Ave. [1920] 3046 Olive [1925]

PENTECOSTAL ONE WAY HOLY CHURCH pre 1946
2200 Randolph [1946]

PENTECOSTAL POWER CHURCH pre 1970
4201 N. Newstead [2003]

PENTECOSTAL POWER CHURCH (of Apostolic Faith) pre 1955
3721 (3731) Cass Ave. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL SAINTS TABERNACLE pre 1960
2741-43 Thomasin 1960. Angelica & 22nd Sts. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL TABERNACLE pre 1946
2154 Bremen [1946] 408 Duchouquette [1952-1955] 2210 Franklin Ave. [1952]
2315 S. Broadway [1960] 5608 Easton Ave. [1960] 3700 Minnesota Ave. [1965-1970]

PENTECOSTAL TEMPLE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1965
3843 Easton Ave. [1970]

PENTECOSTAL TRINITY CHURCH pre 1960
2731 Lafayette Ave. [1965]

PEOPLES BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1952
1508 Franklin Ave. [1955]

PEOPLES CHAPEL pre 1946
1923 Cherokee [1946]

PEOPLES CHRISTIAN CHURCH [Christian] pre 1965
5028 Maple Ave. [1965]

PEOPLES CHURCH pre 1965
2300 Sullivan Ave. [1970]

PEOPLES CHURCH & CENTRAL MISSION [Presbyterian] 1888
Organized in Nov. 1885 as an independent body at 11th and Locust in 1897. Moved to 816 N. 11th St. in 1893 and received into Presbytery of St. Louis. First pastor Rev. John B. Brandt. [1905]

PEOPLES COMMUNITY CHURCH (of Christ) pre 1940
3104 Thomas in 1940. 3065 Thomas by 1955 [1970]

PEOPLES TABERNACLE [Congregational] pre 1890
Clark Ave. (se cor 23rd) Rev. John M. P. Metcalf, pastor [1890]

PETERS MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1847-63, 1931-
3100 Sidey St (at2601 Minnesota.) Organized in 1847 by a small group of immigrant Hollanders who held services in a frame building at 13th & Park Ave. In May 1863 the congregation reorganized as FIRST GERMAN CHURCH. In 1864 they moved to a room in the Sunday school at 9th and Marion Sts. They next moved to the northeast corner of 10th & Rutger St., became TENTH STREET (Presbyterian) MISSION. The chapel was dedicated May 3, 1867 with a larger building erected in 1871. The present location was purchased on Aug.6, 1914 and dedicated Jan 1916. A second church was built at this location in 1931. [1986]

PETERS ROCK MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1965
2732 Delmar Blvd (basement) [1965]

PHILADELPHIA BAPTIST CHURCH [Union Missionary Baptist] (African-American) pre 1929
1624 Biddle, Rev. M. Woodside, pastor, 1929. [1929]

PHILADELPHIA METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [Methodist Episcopal] pre 1930
1624 Biddle [1930]

PHILIP CHAPEL A.M.E. CHURCH
See PHILLIPS METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHAPEL

PHILLIPS CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST pre 1970
4034 Lee Ave. [1970]

PHILLIPS COMMUNITY CHURCH pre 1965
1403 Belt [1965]

PHILLIPS METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHAPEL [Methodist Episcopal] pre 1952
1320 N. 15th St. aka PHILIP CHAPEL A.M.E. CHURCH. [1952]

PHYCHIC CENTER [Spiritualist] pre 1955
3813 Washington Blvd [1955]

PILGRIM BAPTIST CHURCH [Berean Missionary Baptist] (African-American) pre1885
2521A Wright in 1885. Later 4215 Kossuth Ave. 3511 Harper, Rev. Elder Cole, pastor in 1890, 4227 Kossuth Ave. by 1900. 4369 Cote Brilliante by 1915. 4443 St. Ferdinand(at N. Newstead) by 1920. Rev. A. M. Corley, pastor, by 1929. [1935]

PILGRIM CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH [Congregational] 1866
In 1854 Pilgrim Congregational Church occupied a one story brick building at 2910 Morgan (now Delmar). Leased from First Trinity Congregationalist Church who refused to renew the lease in 1865 because negro children had been allowed to attend Sunday school classes in the back of the chapel. On Dec. 5, 1866 a new congregation was organized in the home of William Colcord and a new lot was purchased at the SE corner of Washington and Ewing (29th) were a brick chapel was erected 1867. In May 1869 Rev. John Monteith and seventy-one member left Pilgrim to form the MAYFLOWER (Congregational) CHURCH. A stone church building was designed by Henry Isaacs and dedicated in 1872. The first pastor was Rev. John Monteith, followed by Rev. W. Carlos Martyn (1869-71) and Rev. C. L. Goodell. This building was later turned over to Tabernacle Baptist Church, then Central Baptist Church. In 1904 the Pilgrim congregation purchased their current site at 826 N. Union Avenue (at Kensington). Built between 1906 and 1907, architect Marian, Russell & Garden, adjoining chapel built in 1940. In 1957 Congregational churches became part of the United Church of Christ. Claims to be the cities first fully integrated congregation in 1953. [2003]

PILGRIM EMANUEL BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1960
4042 Lexington Ave. [1970]

PILGRIM EVANGELICAL (& Reformed) CHURCH [Evangelical] 1914
Organized June 1914 at 3323 Arsenal St. (& Louisiana) Rev. C. Kramer, pastor in 1929. Continued as PILGRIM UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST after1957. [1955]

PILGRIM (Evangelical) LUTHERAN CHURCH [Evangelical Lutheran] 1907
4567 Fair (at 4112 W. Florissant Ave.), O’Fallon Park area. Began as a mission project of Grace Lutheran and grew from a small basement room, on original site purchased in July 1907. Pilgrim Evangelical Lutheran was formally organized Apr. 6, 1909 and work began on the church in Sept. 1912. The completed church was dedicated May 18, 1913, pastor Alfred Doerffler (1906-1950+) [1965]

PILGRIM GERMAN EVANGELICAL [Evangelical] pre 1915
3123 S. Grand Ave., Rev. Charles Kramer [1915]

PILGRIM HOLINESS CHURCH [Holiness] pre 1940
2345 Sullivan Ave. in 1940. 4011 Tholozan Ave.by 1952. [1952]

PILGRIM HOME A.M.E. ZION MISSION [A.M.E. Zion] pre 1929
4107 Finney (temporary), Rev. A. M. Corley, pastor, 1929

PILGRIM HOME METHODIST CHURCH [Methodist] pre 1946
4057 Finney Ave. [1946]

PILGRIM METHODIST CHURCH [Methodist] pre 1930
2601 Hickory [1930]

PILGRIM METHODIST MISSION [Methodist] pre 1925
4200 Enright, Rev. A. M. Corley [1925]

PILGRIM MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1952
2221 Franklin Ave. [1952]

PILGRIM REST FREE (Will) BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] (African-American) pre 1925
2200 Biddle, Rev. J. Evans, pastor, 1929. 1309 N. Leffingwell by 1940. 3037 Thomas by 1946. Aka PILGRIM'S REST FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH. [1970]

PILGRIM REST (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] (African-American)1878
2029 O’Fallon. 2029 O’Fallon in 1920. 1204 N. 19th, Rev. Milo Spiker in 1925. 2024 O’Fallon, Rev. J. M. Baker, pastor, 1929. 1310 N. Leffingwell by 1935. 815 N. Beaumont by 1940. 2900 Gamble St. by 1946. 1341 N. Kingshighway Blvd. By 1965 [1965]

PILGRIM UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST [U.C.C.] pre 1960
3323 Arsenal by 1960. 3018 Louisiana by 1964. Cotinues PILGRIM EVANGELICAL (& Reformed) CHURCH. [1965]

PILGRIM’S EMMANUEL CHURCH pre 1955
2720 Walnut [1955]

PILGRIM’S PROGRESSIVE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1955
1907 Franklin Ave. [1955]

PILGRIM’S REST FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1960
See PILGRIM REST FREE (Will) BATIST CHURCH

PILLAR OF FIRE CHURCH pre 1930
3740 Delmar Blvd. (Grandel Sq.) By 1930. [1965]

PILLAR OF FIRE MISSION pre 1920
3518 Morgan in 1920. 3740 Grandel Sq. by 1946 [1946]

PINE GROVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1955
1530 S. 2nd (3rd?) St. [1960]

PINE STREET CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1844-1853?
Organized in Feb, 1844. Worshipping first in a State tobacco warehouse on the NE corner of 6th and Washington until a church was erected at 8th and Washington. Soon thereafter, it merged with the WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, and had a church at 5th and Locust after 1848. In 1853 the WASHINGTON AVENUE CHURCH moved to 11th and Pine and changed its name to PINE STREET CHURCH. Early clergy included Rev. James Gallaher and Rev. J. B. Townsend, Rev. Mr. Long, Rev. J. W. Hall (1853). Became GAND AVENUE CHURCH with move to new chapel at Washington & Grand. [1853]

PINE STREET GOSPEL HALL pre 1960
2936 Pine Blvd [1960]

PLEASANT GREEN (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] (African-American) 1866
Located in the building formerly housing Shaare Zedek, this black congregation was established in 1866 and purchased the synagogue in 1945. George H. Pruitt (1885-1978), their pastor of nearly four decades, was duely recognized when the street in front of the church was renamed in his honor. Earlier location at 1001 Elliott (at 2701 Wash. ) by 1925. 4570 Page Blvd. By 1960 (at Rev. George Pruitt Place) [2003]
Also 1224 West End Ave. [1946-1952] 1220 West End in 1964.

PLEASANT GROVE BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] (African-American) 1924
1422 Cass Ave [1946] 2237 Franklin Ave. [1952]
2703 Cass [1952-1955] 2745 S. Market, Rev. Edward D. Jackson, Pastor [1930]
1101 N. Channing [1960] 4570 Page Blvd [1965]
709 N. Compton Ave. [1952-1955]

PLEASANT GROVE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1955
2407 Belle Glade. 2207 Cass by 1960. 3966 Fairfax by 1970. [1989]
& 3928 Cote Brilliante Ave. [1965]

PLEASANT LAND MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1940
1829 O’Fallon in 1940. 2100 O’Fallon by 1946. 2619 Thomas by 1952. [1955]

PLEASANT VALLEY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1946
1013 19th St. [1970]

PLYMOUTH BRETHREN BIBLE HALL [Plymouth Brethren] 1905
3631 Finney in 1929, [1929]

PLYMOUTH BRETHREN CHURCH [Plymouth Brethren] pre 1910
Newhouse Ave (se cor Blair Ave.) [1910]

PLYMOUTH CHAPEL [Congregational] pre 1875
Belle Glade Ave. near Parsons Ave. [1875]

PLYMOUTH CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH [Congregational] 1865-1919
Plymouth Congregational Church, the fourth of its denomination to be founded in St. Louis. Growing out of Hope Mission Sunday School which was organized at Belle Glade Ave. near Boston Ave. (Elleardsville), in 1865 by the Rev. William Porteus. First church established July 31, 1869. Moved to 2407 Belle Glade Ave (at N. Market) in 1885. Absorbed by FOUNTAIN PARK CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH in 1919. [1920]

POINT BREEZE BAPTIST MISSION [Baptst]1928
418 W. Hancock, W. M. Whitworth, Supt. [1928]

POLISH NATIONAL CATHOLIC CHURCH
See SS. CYRIL & METHODIUS POLISH NATIONAL CHURCH

POPE AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN [Presbyterian] pre 1905
4444 Penrose, Rev. H. M. Gilbert, pastor [1905]

POPE ST. PIUS V CHURCH
See ST. PIUS V CHURCH

PRAETORIUM MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1955
1400 Cole in 1955. 2611 Marcus Ave. by 1965. [1970]

PRAYER BAND OF OUR LORD BAPTIST CHURCH [Baptist] pre 1952
1621 Franklin Ave. [1952]

PRAYER GARDEN CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1970
918 Clarence Ave. [1970]

PRAYER HOUSE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [C.O.G.I.C.] pre 1970
927 Walton Ave. [1970]

PRECHAL PENTECOSTAL CHURCH [Pentecostal] pre 1965
8201 S. Broadway [1970]

PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] (African-American) pre 1890
1622 Morgan, Rev. Joseph T. Buck, pastor [1890]

PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF PACIFIC CITY [Presbyterian] 1864-1867
Rev. J. F. Fenton was the first pastor. In 1867 they acquired the old stone "Union Church" at Fourth and St. Louis Streets, and became the PACIFIC PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. [1867]

PREBYTERIAN CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR [Presbyterian] pre 1925
3907 W. Belle Pl., Rev. William Colby [1925]

PRESBYTERIAN MISSION [Cumberland Presbyterian] pre 1900
Sullivan Ave. (ne cor 25th) in 1900 6804 Bleeck Ave by 1910 [1910]

PRESENT RESURRECTED CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST (of the Apostolic Faith) pre 1935
716 N Ewing Ave. in 1935. 718 N Ewing. 2725 Stoddard by 1955 [1960]

PRIMITIVE CHURCH pre1920
1233 Gay [1920]

PRINCE OF PEACE (Episcopal) CHURCH [Episcopal] 1912
Work in the neighborhood started in 1912 by Sisterhood of the Good Shepherd in various locations on Antelope Street. Organized as MISSION OF THE CHRIST CHILD in 1914, they were renamed PRINCE OF PEACE in 1916. 8449 Hall’s Ferry Rd. Rev. F. M. Weddell, pastor, 1929. Closed in 1997. [1997]

PRINCE OF PEACE MISSIONARY pre 1925
1302 Morgan, Rev. Edward James [1925]

PRINCE OF PEACE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] (African-American) 1928
815 N. Beaumont, Rev. Fred Mc Donald, pastor, 1929. 2741 Dayton St. by 1940. 5040 Northland in 1964. Currently at 2741 Dayton. [2003]

PROGRESSIVE CENTER SPIRITUALIST [Spirituslist] pre 1925
5023 Emerson [1925]

PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIAN SPIRITUAL CHURCH [Spiritualist] pre 1935
2318 Wash in 1935. 2318 Cole by 1946. 2923 Franklin Ave. by 1952. [1955]

PROGRESSIVE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1946
105 S. 22nd St. 2840 Franklin by 1960. Currently at 3043 Franklin. [2003]

PROMISE LAND MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1965
3912 Finney Ave. in 1965. 1900 N. Grand Blvd. By 1970 [1970]

PROPHET’S SPIRITUAL ADVISOR [Spiritualist] pre 1960
2643 Delmar Blvd. [1960]

PROSPECT METHODIST [Methodist] (African-American) pre 1920
3161 Lambdin [1920]

PROSPECT MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [Missionary Baptist] pre 1940
2720 Clark Ave. [1940]

PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
See CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD

PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLE
See CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLE

PROVIDENCE BAPTIST CHURCH [Berean Missionary Baptist] (African-American) pre 1910
Scott Ave. (ne cor Jefferson Ave.) in 1910. 4298 Kennerly Ave. in 1915. 4345 Kennerly Ave, Rec. Calvin Cole by 1925. Rev. J. H. Brown, pastor in 1929. 4345 Kennerly Ave. in 1965 [1965]

PROVIDENCE OLD SCHOOL CHURCH [Presbyterian] pre 1875
12th & Webster Sts. Rev. B. Y. George, pastor [1875]

PROVIDENCE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [Presbyterian] 1859
Organized 1859. Broadway near O’Fallon [1859]

PSYCHIC CENTER pre 1960
3813 Washinton Blvd [1970]

PSYCHIC SCIENCE ASSOCIATION CHURCH OF LIFE AND TRUTH pre 1955
3407 S. Jefferson Ave. [1955]

PURE GOSPEL TABERNACLE pre 1946
4205 W. Easton Ave. [1946]

PURE GOSPEL TEMPLE pre 1960
1514 Wagoner Pl [1970]

PURE GOSPEL TEMPLE UNITED HOLY CHURCH OF AMERICA pre 1955
4404 St. Louis Ave. Currently located at 6279 Natural Bridge) [2003]


Back to Name Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS