ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY
PREMIER LIBRARY SOURCES
HOME KIDZONE CATALOG SEARCH BULLET

BULLET Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship - 1770 - 1970
H Streets - Place of Worship Names
St. Louis Public Library staff presents Two Hundred Years of St. Louis Places of Worship (1770-1970). This directory includes information about churches, synagogues, missions, temples, and other places of worship in the City of St. Louis Missouri between 1770-1970. The directory uses the boundaries of 1876 to define the City of St. Louis.

Listings for places of worship in St. Louis County or its independent municipalities are not included. If a place of worship moved outside the City of St. Louis, information following the relocation is not included.

HADLEY BOULEVARD | HALL STREET | HALLS’ FERRY ROAD | HAMILTON AVENUE | HAMMETT PLACE | HAMPTON AVENUE | HANCOCK AVENUE | HAPSBURGER | HARNEY AVENUE | HARPER STREET | HARRISON | HAVEN STREET | HAWK STREET | HEBERT STREET | HENRY STREET | HEBERT STREET | HELEN STREET | HENRIETTA STREET | HEREFORD AVENUE | HERMITAGE AVENUE | HEWITT AVENUE | HIAWATHA STREET | HICKORY STREET | HODIAMONT AVENUE | HOGAN STREET | HOLLY HILLS AVENUE | HORTON PLACE | HOWARD STREET | HUMPHREY AVENUE | HUNT AVENUE

 

HADLEY BOULEVARD

2117 NORTHSIDE EVANGELICSTIC CHURCH [1955]
2117 NORTH SIDE ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [1965]
2201 CHURCH OF GOD [1946]
2815 GOSPEL LIGHT TABERNACLE [1940-45]
3811 GOSPEL LIGHT TABERNACLE [1946]

Back to the top


HALL STREET

(at Commercial) ST. LOUIS BETHEL ASSOCIATION OF THE WESTERN SEAMEN’S FRIEND SOCIETY [1880]
(at Levee & Wine) ST. LOUIS BETHEL ASSOCIATION OF THE WESTERN SEAMEN’S FRIEND SOCIETY [1875-79]
5347 MT. PLEASANT BAPTIST [1905-19]

Back to the top


HALLS’ FERRY ROAD

(no address) GERMAN LUTHERAN CHURCH [1875]
(at Church Rd.) BADEN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [1910]
(at N. Broadway) BADEN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [1895-1909]
8326 GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH [1970]
8404 BADEN CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1946-55]
8404 NORTHSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1955-58]
8404 EVANGELIST ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [1960-65]
8405 WINSOR (Memorial) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1905-15]
8442 WINSOR (Memorial) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1915-52]
8442 EPWORTH METHEODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1955-64]
8449 BADEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1904-14]
8449 PRINCE OF PEACE (Episcopal) CHURCH [1913-70]
8451 EPISCOPAL MISSION [1920]
8465 BADEN CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1935-39]
8500 ST. STEPHEN’S EVANGELICAL (& Reformed) CHURCH (of Baden) (aka St. Stephen’s United Church of Christ) [1938-2003]
8629 NEW JERUSALEM MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH II [after 1989-2003]
8929 BADEN BAPTIST CHURCH [1952-70]

Back to the top


HAMILTON AVENUE

(at Maple Ave.) "Rose Hill Hall" FOURTH CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST [1909-24]
(at Maple Ave.) "Conclave Hall" ASCENSION PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH [1888]
(at Naple Ave.) WEST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1888-98]
(at Minerva) ST. ROSE OF LIMA CHURCH [1876-85]
(at Hamilton) ST. ROSE OF LIMA CHURCH [1876-85]
(at Plymouth) WEST END CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1900]
1054 HOUSE OF THE MESSIAH [1940]
1095 EDEN EVANGELICAL CHURCH [1890-1920]
1124 HAMILTON TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH [1965]
1175 CALVARY TEMPLE [1955-64?]
1260 HAMILTON AVENUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1902-55]
1260 ST. PAUL’S A.M.E. CHURCH [1962-2003]
1339 HAMILTON STREET GOSPEL HALL [1965]
1369 ST. BARBARA’S (The Virgin Martyr) CHURCH [1907-1989]
1507 GOSPEL HALL (Church) [1955]
1515 CHURCH OF GOD [1946]

Back to the top


HAMMETT PLACE

(sw cor Marcus Ave.) HAMMETT PLACE CHRISTIAN [1905-?]
(sw cor Marcus Ave.) BEULAH CHURCH [Christian] [1893-1910]
(at Marcus Ave.) KINGSHIGHWAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH (aka Beulah Christian Church) [1893-1917]
(at Warren St.) HAMMETT PLACE CHRISTIAN [?-1915]

Back to the top


HAMPTON AVENUE (see also BILLION AVENUE)

(ne cor Julian) HAMPTON AVENUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1920]
1238 MARANATHA CENTER [1970]
3600 GETHSEMANE (Augustana Evangelical) LUTHERAN CHURCH [1947-2003]
6933 ST. ANDREW’S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1952-59]

Back to the top


HANCOCK AVENUE

418 W. POINT BREEZE BAPTIST MISSION [1928]

Back to the top


HAPSBURGER

(at Gravois Rd.) EVANGELICAL CHURCH OF THE REDEEMER (aka Gravois Rd. Evangelical Mission) [1908-21]

Back to the top


HARNEY AVENUE

(at Robin) THEKLA BAPTIST CHURCH [1928-29]

Back to the top


HARPER STREET

3511 PILGRIM BAPTIST CHURCH [1890-99?]

Back to the top


HARRISON (see also TYLER and BRANCH)

309-15 So. OLIVE CHAPEL [A.M.E.] [1964-2003]

Back to the top


HAVEN STREET

(sw cor Virginia) JOHN HANNA CHAPEL [1910]
(at Virginia) SOUTH ST. LOUIS FIRST CHURCH [1885]
108 BRIGHT MORNING STAR [1920]

Back to the top


HAWK STREET

731 ST. BERNARD’S (Abbot) CHURCH [1875-1973]

Back to the top


HEBERT STREET

1323 GOOD SHEPHERD CHAPEL [1960-70]
1901 GOSPEL TABERNACLE [1946]
1901 FULL GOSPEL TRINITY TABERNACLE [1965-70]

Back to the top


HENRY STREET

(nr Bryan Ave.) ST. PAUL’S CHURCH [Evangelical Lutheran] [1875-85]

Back to the top


HELEN STREET

(at Emma) ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [1955]

Back to the top


HENRIETTA STREET

(at Lafayette) MOUNT CALVARY (Protestant) EPISCOPAL CHURCH [1870-77]
3437 BEREA TEMPLE ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH [1939-45]
3437 FULL GOSPEL TABERNACLE (Church) [1940]

Back to the top


HEREFORD AVENUE

(at Winona) UNITY (United) LUTHERAN CHURCH [1927-30]
3908 NORTHAMPTON UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1930]
4211 WINONA CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1940-52]
4211 HARMONY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1955-64]

Back to the top


HERMITAGE AVENUE

2736 BENTON FIRST BAPTIST [1925]

Back to the top


HEWITT AVENUE

(nr Lanham) ELLENDALE CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1897-1902]

Back to the top


HIAWATHA STREET (now PULASKI)

(at Compton) ST. HEDWIG’S CHURCH [1904-29]

Back to the top


HICKORY STREET (see also COLE)

(cor Armstrong) GERMAN MISSION AND SUNDAY SCHOOL [1910]
(at Armstrong) SWEDISH CONGREGATION CHURCH [1895-1920]
(at California) ST. HENRY (Emperor) CHURCH [1885-96]
(nr Paul) WESLEY (Society) CHAPEL [1843-48]
922 SOUTH SIDE BAPTIST CHURCH [1952-60]
1100 APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST [1930-46]
1125 ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH [1909-29]
1525 UKRANIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH [1935-40]
1823 CAROLINE (Evangelical) MISSION [1989]
2343 KING DAVID BAPTIST (Mission) CHURCH (basement) [1952-60]
3028 MT. SINAI MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1945-69]
3040 MT. OLIVE BAPTIST CHURCH [1930]
3220 EVERGREEN MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-70]
3220 TALOR CHAPEL (Colored) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1946?]
3303 A.M.E. ZION MISSION [1930]
3305 TAYLOR CHAPEL (Colored) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1947-55]
3305 CARTER INSTITUTIONAL METHODIST CHURCH [1955-65]
3314 BETHEL CHURCH OF CHRIST [1955]
3314 BETHEL TEMPLE [Missionary Baptist] [1965]
3314 BETHEL TEMPLE CHURCH [1970]
3330 METROPOLITAN A.M.E. ZION MISSION [1929]
3330 TAYLOR CHAPEL (Colored) METHODIST (Episcopal) CHURCH [1940-47]
3330 NEW ERA MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1946]
3427 ANDERSON MISSION [1921]
4057 PILGRIM METHODIST CHURCH [1930]
4372 SECOND CORINTHIAN BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-70]

Back to the top


HODIAMONT AVENUE

(at Pennsylvania) OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL CHURCH [1819-59]
940 ST. LUKE’S MISSION [1915-19]
1016 CHURCH OF THE ASSEMBLY [1965]
1186 PENTECOSTAL CHURCH OF GOD [1960]
1302 CHRIST UNITY TEMPLE [1970]
1306 MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1946]
1364 WELLSTON GENERAL BAPTIST CHURCH [1955]
1364-68 GREEN GROVE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-70]
1364 WEST SIDE GENERAL BAPTISTCHURCH [1960-?]
1364 MT. CARMEL BAPTIST CHURCH [1970]
1448 WEST PARK BAPTIST CHURCH [1925-60]
1448 CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [1965-70]
1455 SALVATION ARMY [1940]
1469a SECOND SPIRITUALIST CHURCH [1925]
1471 SALVATION ARMY [1930]
2500 MT. AUBURN METHODIST CHURCH [1910-55]
2500 TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH [1964-70]

Back to the top


HOGAN STREET

(at N. Market) ST. LIBORIUS CHURCH [1857-88]
1838 ST. LIBORIUS CHURCH [1889-1991]

Back to the top


HOLLY HILLS AVENUE (formerly KANSAS)

(at Pennsylvania) ST. FRANCIS XAVIER CHURCH [1775]
(at Pennyslvania) ST. JOSEPH OF THE ANGELS CHURCH (aka SS. Mary & Joseph Church) [1835]
1123 NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN CHURCH [1931?]
1123 SEVENTH CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST [1965-70]
4045 EPIPHANY LUTHERAN CHURCH [1952-2003]

Back to the top


HORTON PLACE

6113 CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST [1960]
6119 HODIAMONT BIBLE CLASS [1915]

Back to the top


HOWARD STREET

(at 14th) GERMAN NEW JERUSALEM CHURCH [1870]
(at 14th) FIRST GERMAN SWEDENBORGIAN
2127 CHURCH OF GOD [1946]
2609 DEBORAH MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH [1965-70]
2741 HOLY SUNRISE CHURCH [1955]
2809 HOUSE OF HOPE (Free) METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH [1925-30]
2809 OAK GROVE BAPTIST CHURCH [1935]
2809 ST. PETER’S ROCK (Missionary Baptist) CHURCH [1940-51]
2911 NEW TOWER GROVE (Missionary) BAPTIST CHURCH [1953-?]

Back to the top


HUMPHREY AVENUE

(at Bent Ave.) OAK HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH [1895-1907]
(at Mogran Ford) REORGANIZED CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS, Humphrey & Morgan Ford Rd. Mission [1905]
4129 HOLY FAMILY CHURCH [1927-2003]

Back to the top


HUNT AVENUE

(at Tower Grove) FIRST CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE [1926-27]
(sw cor Tower Grove) SOUTHERN MISSION [1895]
4211 CHURCH OF GOD [1935]
4261 FULL GOSPEL (Assembly) CHURCH [1952-69]
4368 RESEARCH CENTER [1930]

Back to the top



Back to Street Index



HOME | KIDZONE | CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH | HINTS