1. California Genealogical Society. San
Francisco, California 1890 Great Register of Voters. North Salt Lake, UT: Heritage
Quest, 2001. 929.3794
A substitute for the missing 1890 census. Includes name, age,
birthplace, occupation, address, naturalization information, registration date &
precinct for all registered voters.
2. California State Genealogical Alliance. The California 1890
Great Register of Voters Index. 3 Vols. North Salt Lake, UT: Heritage Quest, 2001.
Covers the entire state. Includes name, age, birthplace, residence,
county, registration, if naturalized & a remarks column indicating if the original
records contain significant additional information.
4. Eldridge, Carrie. An Atlas of Trails West of the Mississippi
River. Huntington, WV: CDM Printing, 2001. 978
Shows migration routes from the Mississippi River west & includes
information on what the journey was like.
5. Gostin, Ted. Southern California Vital Records: Volume 1, Los
Angeles County 1850-1859. Los Angeles: Generations Press, 2001. 929.3794
Includes indexes of birth, baptism, marriage, death & burial
6. Rasmussen, Louis J. California Wagon Train Lists, Vol. 1: April
5, 1849 to October 20, 1852. Colma, CA: San Francisco Historic Records, 1994.
Lists known members of wagon trains & their point & date of
7. Rasmussen, Louis J. Railway Passenger Lists of Overland Trains
to San Francisco and the West. 2 Vols. Colma, CA: San Francisco, 1966. 929.3794
Lists provide known passengers on overland trains from approximately
1870-1873, including point of departure, place of arrival & date.
8. Rasmussen, Louis J. San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists.
4 Vols. Colma, CA: San Francisco Historic Record & Genealogy Division, 1965 -.
Includes the name of ship, passengers, place of departure, arrival &
date. Also may include historical information about the ship or voyage. Covers 1850-1853,
picking up many immigrants to California during the Gold Rush.
9. Washington Pioneers. Olympia, WA: Washington State
Genealogical Society, 1991. 2 Vols. 929.3797
Based on applications for a Pioneer Certificate Project. Includes many
early Washington state pioneers: name, date & place of birth, spouse, children &
birthplace of children.