|NEW ARRIVALSItems recently added to the St. Louis Public
1. Cook, Mel & Pinny Cook. Mecklenburg
County, North Carolina Cemeteries, Vol. 1: North Mecklenburg. Charlotte, NC: Olde
Mecklenburg Genealogical Society, 2002. 929.3756
Includes name of person, plot and row number, date of birth if given,
date of death, and if deceased was a veteran.
2. Eddleman, Bill. Original Land Patentees of Bollinger
County, Missouri. Cape Girardeau,MO: Cape Girardeau Co. Genealogical Society,
3. Eddleman, Bill. Original Land Patentees of Madison County,
Missouri. Cape Girardeau, MO: Cape Girardeau Co. Genealogical Society, 2001.
Original patentees of Bollinger County and Madison County by township.
4. Ferguson, Herman W. and Ralph B. Ferguson. Mecklenburg County,
NC, A Petition, 1792; Tax Lists. Rocky Mount, NC: Herman W. Ferguson and Ralph B.
Ferguson, 1999. 929.3756
Includes name, amount of land, valuation of land and taxes paid on the
land, number of cotton gins owned, delinquent taxpayers, and other notations.
5. McGhee, James E. Campaigning with Marmadue: Narratives &
Roster of the 8th Missouri Cavalry Regiment CSA. Independence, MO: Two Trails
Publishing, 2002. 973.7478
A history of the regiment that includes photos of many members of the
unit and brief biographies of each member.
6. Pledger, Stephen, Jean Adams, & Betty Mills. Hearts of Blue
& Gray: Citizens of Cape Girardeau in the Civil War. Jackson, MO: Cape
Girardeau County Genealogical Society. 2 Vols. 929.3778
Lists of veterans in the county, rosters of Union and Confederate
troops, rosters of men who enlisted in Illinois units, maps, and transcriptions of letters
and diaries of soldiers from Cape Girardeau County.
7. Sanborn, Melinde Lutz. Third Supplement to Torreys New
England Marriages Prior to 1700. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2003.
Indexes marriage entries that have appeared in a variety of published
8. United States City Directories, Brooklyn, NY.
Woodbridge, CT: Research Publications, 1980-. Microfilm. 917.4710025
9. United States City Directories, Queens, NY. Woodbridge,
CT: Research Publications, 199-. Microfilm. 917.410025
10. Weant, Kenneth E. Callaway County Missouri. Vol. 13
& 14. Arlington, TX: Kenneth E. Weant, 2002. 929.3778
Two more in Weants extensive and growing series of newspaper
obituary indexes. Generally includes name, date of birth if given, and date of death.
The above listing is a small sampling of the plethora of new books on
Perry, Callaway, Bollinger, and Cape Girardeau Counties we have recently received. Check
our online catalog for a complete listing.
SOME VENERATED ANCESTORS
We have a nice selection of other Kentucky genealogical materials
including many of the "classic" books needed for Kentucky genealogy.
1. Antoniak, Eleanor. (ed) Kentucky Marriage Records: From the
"Register of the Kentucky Historical Society." Baltimore, MD:
Genealogical Publishing Co., 1983. 929.3769
A selection of marriage records originally printed in the Register of
the Kentucky Historical Society. The entries cover many early records and continue
into the mid-1800s.
2. Kentucky Department of Libraries & Archives. Birth Index by
Name of Child, 1911-1995. Microfilm. Kentucky Dept. of Libraries & Archives,
NP, 1995. HG
3. Kentucky Department of Libraries & Archives. Birth Index by
Name of Mother, 1911- 1995. Microfilm. Kentucky Dept. of Libraries & Archives,
NP, 1997. HG
These two microfiche sets provide an index to Kentucky births for nearly
the entire 1900s.
4. Kentucky Department of Libraries & Archives. Death
Certificate Index, 1911-1995. Microfilm. Kentucky Dept. of Libraries &
Archives, NP, 1997. HG
5. Klotter, James C. (ed) Genealogies of Kentucky Families: From
the Register of the Kentucky Historical Society. 2 Vols. Baltimore,
MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1981. 929.3769
These volumes, plus another reprinting items from the Filson Club
Historical Quarterly, include family histories originally printed in these two
ven- erable Kentucky publications.
6. Simpson, Alicia. Kentucky Confederate Veteran & Widows
Pension Index. Hartford, KY: Cook & McDowell Publications, 1979.
List of Civil War veterans and widows who received a pension from
Kentucky. Includes name of applicant, husbands name if the applicant is a widow,
county of residence, date, and application number.
7. Sutherland, James F. Early Kentucky Householders 1787-1811.
Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1986. 929.3769
Based on tax records of Lincoln County, one of the original counties in
8. Sutherland, James F. Early Kentucky Landholders 1787-1811. Baltimore,
MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1986. 929.3769
Lists of early Kentucky land owners, again based on Lincoln County land
We also have full runs of the major Kentucky genealogical journals.