|How much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?|
|Move mouse over the blank ________ for answer.
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is celebrated on ________.
a) January 15
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. was born in ________.
a) Atlanta, Georgia
3. Dr. King’s father was a ________.
4. In Montgomery, Alabama, Dr. King led ________.
a) a march to Washington, D.C., for civil rights
5. In 1956, the Supreme Court determined that ________ was unconstitutional.
a) segregation of schools
6. The goal of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference was ________.
a) inspiring white clergy to support civil rights
7. The teachings of ________ inspired Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence.
a) Indian spiritual and political leader Mohandas Gandhi
8. What honor did Dr. King receive in 1964? ________.
a) Nobel Peace Prize
9. In 1968, Dr. King went to Memphis, Tennessee, to ________.
a) receive an honorary degree
10. How did Dr. King die? ________.
a) He was shot by an assassin.
HOME |GROWN-UP STUFF | CATALOG |SEARCH | HINTS