St. Louis City Ordinance 64878
St. Louis City Ordinances have been converted to electronic format by the staff of the St.
Louis Public Library. This electronic version has been done for the interest and convenience of
the user. There may be maps or illustrations (graphics) that are not available in this format. These are unofficial versions and should be used as unofficial copies.
Official printed copies of St. Louis City Ordinances may be obtained from the Register's
Office at the St. Louis City Hall.
- FLOOR SUBSTITUTE
BOARD BILL NO.  294
- INTRODUCED BY ALDERMAN DANIEL KIRNER, STEPHEN GREGALI, KENNETH ORTMANN, MARGARET VINING
- An ordinance pertaining to pawnbrokers, repealing Section Five of Ordinance 10355, approved on August 10, 1877, as codified in Section 8.72.090 of the Revised Code of the City of St. Louis, and enacting in lieu thereof a new section pertaining to the same subject matter.
- BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS AS FOLLOWS:
- SECTION ONE. Section Five of Ordinance 10355, as codified in Section 8.72.090 of the Revised Code of the City of St. Louis, is hereby repealed and in lieu thereof the following section is enacted to read as follows:
- SECTION TWO.
- 8.72.090 Register,Inspection.
- The register required by Section 8.72.080 shall at all times be open to the inspection of the Mayor, Chief of Police, Director of Public Safety, City Counselor or any of his associates or assistants, or any person authorized in writing by any one of such officers and who shall exhibit the written authority to the pawnbroker. Every pawnbroker shall provide the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, on a monthly basis, a copy of such register and a list of all tangible personal property accepted during the preceding month. The Chief of Police shall set the date on which such documents shall be due and shall establish such rules and regulations as may be required.
||REF TO COMM
Return to Top of this Document.
Return to Top of Charter, Code, and Ordinances.
Return to Search Ordinances.
HOME | KIDZONE |CATALOG | CONTACT US | SEARCH| HINTS