St. Louis City Revised Code Title 21
St. Louis City Revised Code (annotated) has been converted to electronic format by the
staff of the St. Louis Public Library. This electronic version has been done for the
interest and convenience of the user. These are unofficial versions and should be used as
Official printed copies of St. Louis City Revised Code may be obtained from the
Register's Office at the St. Louis City Hall.
HARBORS AND WHARVES
21.04 General Regulations
21.08 Leasing Unimproved Wharves
21.10 Port District Rental and Lease Rates
21.12 Municipal Quays and Warehouses
21.16 Removal of Goods, Encroachments and
21.20 Landing and Mooring Vessels and Watercraft
21.24 Wharfboats, Drydocks, Floats, Piers, Etc.
21.28 Obstructions in Water
21.36 Port Authority Commission
21.40 Selling Merchandise on Wharves
Prior ordinance history:
- 1948 C. Chs. 22 and 29
- Art. I § 1 (16) Harbor, wharves and ferries
- Art. I § 1 (17) Watercourses
- Art. XXII § 10 Payment of cost of improvement of wharves
- 237.010--237.240 Ferries and wharves
- The boats of a corporation incorporated in one state, and
carrying passengers back and forth across a river to a city in another
state, are not taxable under a law taxing boats "within the
city." St. Louis v. The Ferry Company, 78 U.S. 424 (1870).
- Passenger-carrying excursion vessel--license required for
amusement device--license tax not an undue burden on interstate
commerce--not in violation of United States Constitution. City of St.
Louis v. Streckfus, 505 S.W. 2d 70 (Mo. en banc 1974)
- Ferry Boat--Mississippi River--liquor license requirement
upheld. Foppiano v. Speed, 199 U.S. 501, 50 L. Ed. 288 (1905).
- 15.34 Ordinances as to wharves
Return to Top of Charter, Code, and Ordinances.
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Return to Code Table of Contents